Date Last Revised: 11 September 2023
Date Last Revised: 11 September 2023
- 1.access or use Ramper Wallet website <https://www.ramper.xyz/> and related mobile applications and products we offer (including mobile and web-based applications) (collectively, “Applications”) provided on or in connection with Services, as described in our Terms of Service (collectively, the “Services”); and
- 2.provide us with your personal data.
When you contact us, we may require that you submit certain forms or provide certain information, including verification of your identity, before we are able to respond.
- 1.What personal data do we collect from our users?
We do our best to minimize the amount of personal data that we collect from Ramper Wallet users. Your personal data may be collected when you use our Services (i.e. signing up, creating and using a Wallet through our Applications), or you communicate with us for support, or if you report a bug or other error related to Ramper Wallet. See Clause 1.1 for more information on how we collect your personal data. The table below describes the personal data that we may collect from you for each relevant purpose:
When our collection is based on consent, you have the choice, at any time, not to provide your personal data to us or to withdraw your consent previously provided to us. However, do note that if you do so, we may be unable to fulfill the purposes for which we require the personal data, continue to provide Services to you , and/or fulfill any contractual relationship which may be in place between us.
Our Applications and/or Services are not intended to be accessed or used by children, minors or persons who are not of legal age. If you are a parent or guardian and you have reason to believe your child or ward has provided us with their personal data without your consent, please contact us.
1.1 How we collect your personal data
We may collect your personal data directly or indirectly through various channels, such as:
- when you register an account or Wallet with us through our Applications;
- when you log in, visit, use, access or download our Applications and Services;
- when you authorize us to obtain your personal data from a third party;
- when you enter into agreements with us;
- when you transact with us, contact us or request that we contact you through various communication channels, for example, through social media platforms, messenger platforms, face-to-face meetings, emails and letters;
- when you attend events or functions organized by us;
- we seek information about you and receive your personal data in connection with your relationship with us;
- when you submit your personal data to us for any other reason;
- when you voluntarily complete any user survey or provide feedback to us via emails or any other electronic channels;
- through automated data collection technologies upon visiting our Applications; and
1.2 Personal Data we receive from other sources and third parties
Depending on your relationship with us, we may also collect and receive your personal data from third party sources, for example, from:
- public databases, public agencies, other public sources, credit bureaus, blockchain data;
- third parties whom you have authorised us to obtain your personal data from;
- our business partners such as third parties providing services to us (including but not limited to, our ID verification partners, marketing partners, advertising partners, our sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers and credit reference agencies); and/or
- your family members or friends who provide your personal data to us on your behalf.
We may also receive personal data about you if you use any of the other websites or platforms we operate (or operated by our affiliate or related companies), or other services we (or our affiliate or related companies) provide.
- 2.Processing your personal data
2.1 General purposes
We collect, use, disclose and process your personal data, including data provided by you, data we collect about you and data provided by third parties, in the following ways and upon the following grounds:
- for the fulfilment of contractual obligations and/or transactions entered into between you and us, and to provide you with the information, or Services that you request from us;
- facilitating the use of our Applications, including verifying, authenticating and/or establishing your identity;
- to notify you about changes to our Services;
- to comply with any legal or regulatory obligations, applicable laws, regulations, codes of practices, guidelines, industry standards (domestic or global), government requests, or rules (including but not limited to Anti-Money Laundering (AML) regulations, Know Your Customer (KYC) rules, and Counter-Terrorist Financing (CTF) regulations), or to assist in law enforcement and investigations conducted by any governmental and/or regulatory authority;
- security purposes, e.g. to monitor and detect suspicious activities, to protect users from fraudulent activities, to protect our Applications, users' accounts, and archives from unauthorised access or usage, to prevent damage to our Applications and systems, and to protect against automated abuse such as spam, and phishing;
- communicating with you (through messages, emails, live chats or otherwise) and assisting you with your queries, requests, applications, complaints and feedback;
- resolving any disputes or legal claims, investigating any complaint, claim or dispute or any actual or suspected illegal or unlawful conduct;
- carrying out research and statistical analysis, including development of new products and services or evaluation, and improvement of our existing Services (including but not limited to, gaining better understanding of users' needs and behaviors, diagnosing any problems with our server, and quality assurance);
- performing data analytics and related technologies on data, to enable us to deliver relevant content and information to you, and to improve our websites and digital platforms (e.g. ensuring that content from our Applications are presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer);
- managing and engaging third parties, data processors or subcontractors that provide services to us, e.g. IT services, technological services, delivery services, and other professional services (e.g. accountants, lawyers and auditors).
We may, if necessary or required by law, provide your personal data to law enforcement agencies, regulatory organisations, courts or other public authorities. Where appropriate, we will attempt to notify our customers about legal demands for their personal data. You agree that we may not be able to do so if such notification is prohibited by law or court order, when the request is an emergency, or when the burden or expense of notifying the customers would be unreasonable to us. We may dispute such demands when we believe that the requests are disproportionate, vague or lack proper authority, but we do not promise or undertake to challenge every demand.
2.2 Marketing purposes
In order for us, or for authorized third parties permitted by us, to market or advertise products, events, and/or services that are of specific interest and relevance to you, we may analyze, use, process and/or rely on your personal data provided to us, or data collected from your interactions with us. However, no marketing or advertising, using your personal data in non-aggregated and/or identifiable form would be carried out unless you have provided us with your consent to use your personal data for such marketing or advertising purposes. If you do not want us to use or process your personal data for the purposes of marketing or advertising, you can withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us. You can exercise your right to prevent such use or processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your personal data. If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or other means) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you, subject to your consent. If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data for marketing or advertising purposes, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only, subject to your consent.
2.3 Legitimate business interests
We may also collect, use, disclose and process your personal data for the following purposes to safeguard, support and/or carry out our company’s legitimate business interests such as:
- managing our business and relationship with you (e.g. accurately carrying out and confirming your instructions, or for the purposes of providing you with rebates and other benefits), and providing services to our customers;
- protecting our rights and interests, and those of our customers (e.g. processing of your data for the protection of the company’s legal position in the event of legal proceedings);
- processing for the purpose of reporting possible criminal acts (e.g. fraud) or threats to public security to competent authorities;
- enforcing our terms and conditions, and obligations owed to us, or protecting ourselves from legal liability;
- complying with internal policies, procedures, and operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes; and/or
- process or share your personal data to facilitate acquisitions, mergers, or transfers of our business.
- 3.Storing of data
3.1 Where we store your personal data?
The security of your personal data is our top priority. We shall take care in implementing and maintaining the security of our services and Applications, as well as that of your personal data. We employ procedures and policies that incorporate industry best practices to ensure the integrity of your personal data and to prevent instances of unauthorized use.
Please note that it is impossible to fully guarantee the security of your personal data. While we take reasonable steps to safeguard your personal data in our possession or under our control, you agree not to hold us liable or responsible for any loss or damage resulting from any unauthorized or unintended access that is beyond our control (e.g. hacking or cybercrimes), or abuse of your information. We recommend that you take independent safety precautions to protect your personal data, particularly your credential information such as your username and password. You hereby agree that we shall not be liable for any information leakage and other losses not caused intentionally or otherwise by our gross negligence, including, but not limited to, hacker attacks, power interruptions, or unavoidable technical failures. For the avoidance of doubt, we do not make any warranty, guarantee, or representation that your use of our systems or applications is safe and protected from malware, and other vulnerabilities. We also do not guarantee the security of data that you choose to send us electronically. Sending such data is entirely at your own risk.
3.2 For how long will your data be stored?
We will process and store your personal data for as long as it is necessary in order to fulfill the purposes we collected it for, and to satisfy our business, contractual, legal, regulatory and/or statutory obligations.
Please note that even If you delete your Wallet or addresses from the Applications, uninstall the Applications from your device, or request that your information be deleted, we still may retain some information that you have provided to us to maintain the Applications or to comply with the laws and regulations to which Ramper Wallet is subject.
We will assess and respond to requests to delete personal data and we shall accordingly delete personal data provided that the personal data is no longer required in order to fulfill our business, contractual, legal, regulatory and/or statutory obligations, or the fulfillment of any obligations to preserve records according to applicable laws and regulations.
In general, how long we keep your personal data depends on the nature of the data, e.g. we keep personal data for at least the duration of the limitation period for bringing claims if the personal data may be required to commence or defend legal proceedings. Some information may also be retained for longer e.g. where we are required to do so by law.
3.3 Anonymized data
In some circumstances we may anonymize and/or aggregate your personal data so that it can no longer be associated with you, in which case we are entitled to retain and use such data without restriction.
- 4.Disclosure of your personal data
Your personal data may be made available, disclosed or shared to our service providers or third parties in connection with our operation of business, and/or within our group of companies (“Third Party Services”) in order to provide our Services or Applications to you, for management and compliance purposes, and to utilize shared group IT functions. We will ensure that the Third Party Services to whom we disclose your personal data will only process it in accordance with our instructions and on our behalf. We will, where appropriate and permissible, enter into contracts with these Third Party Services to protect your personal data in a manner that is consistent with all applicable laws. All such Third Party Services will be required by us to meet the requirements of applicable data protection legislation and our strict privacy and retention policies to keep your personal data secure at all times.
- 5.Transfer of personal data to other countries
- from the jurisdiction where it is collected (or where you are located) to any other jurisdictions that we operate in; and
- to third parties in other jurisdictions.
When we transfer your personal data internationally and where required by applicable law, we will put in place appropriate safeguards. You may obtain details of these safeguards by contacting us.
- 6.Third-party collection of personal information
- 7.Your rights
Depending on the jurisdiction that you are in or where we operate, you may enjoy certain rights under applicable law in relation to our collection, use, disclosure and processing of your personal data. Such rights may include:
- Access: you may ask us if we hold your personal data and, if we are, you can request access to your personal data free of charge. This enables you to receive a copy of and information on the personal data we hold about you;
- Correction: you may request for the rectification or correction of your personal data that is incomplete or inaccurate;
- Restriction: you may withdraw consent for our use or process of your personal data, or ask us to suspend the process of your personal data (e.g. if you want us to establish its accuracy);
- Objection: where we are processing your personal data based on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party), you may object to processing on this ground;
- Portability: you may request for the transfer of your personal data to another party under certain circumstances; and
- Erasure: you may request the erasure, deletion or removal of your personal data that we hold about you in certain circumstances.
If you wish to exercise any of your rights, you may contact us at [email protected]. We may require that you submit certain forms or provide certain information to process your request. Where permitted by law, we may also charge you a fee to process your request.
We may be permitted under applicable laws to refuse a request, for example, we may refuse (a) a request for erasure where the personal data is required for in connection with claims; or (b) an objection request and continue processing your personal data based on compelling legitimate grounds for the processing.